Friday, May 28, 2010

Grand ol' Time

We went up to Sandy and celebrated Uncle Rich's fabulous birthday. The kids adore Uncle Rich and loved all the fun they had at Bear Park. What is a party without bubbles? Auntie Pat delivered with a bottle for all and my kids were in heaven!










So I might have a smile on my face in this picture, but my arms felt like they were about to die!! This contraption is the famous zip line that has been in the family for years! It was always out at (Great)Grandma and Grandpa Mason's house. I couldn't believe it when Grandma pulled that out of her bag. I didn't realize what a wimp I had become. Good heavens! You will notice Uncle Andy who is just casually sending it down the line, while I am struggling to keep my arms on my body. I will tell you one thing, I need one of these for everyday exercise!!











Little Sahara being super cute. She was such a good girl while Jamie and I played some softball. Jamie was still super fabulous at pitching and I wasn't too bad myself. It felt good to get behind that home plate and catch a few strikes coming flying at me. Thanks Jamie!!




The kids were thrilled when Grandpa said he would take them up the canyon a little ways so that they could be in the mountains. Taylor was super nervous once we started up and kept telling Grandpa not to tip. I can imagine how that would have been scary for her. Carter was jumping for joy inside that little body. We talked about people skiing and snowboarding down the mountains and saw some Sno-Cats trimming some trails. Carter thought it was amazing that Uncle Ryan can drive one of those!
I truly miss these mountains and the majestic nature that they carry. It is memorizing to see these massive creations up close. Something that I guess was always there and so I never took the time to look at them like something of a miracle. Thanks to my kids I caught just how magical they are.

We saw tons of snow up the canyon and this was Carter saying he wanted to stand on top if the snow. At the end of the day he was too nervous and just wanted to squat there.










Every trip we make back home we are treated with a fabulous roast dinner. It was delicious as ever and it was just fun to have people pop in and hang out with us for awhile. Next, you may wonder what happens when sister's get together. What better thing to do then try on our dresses from High School dances? That is what we did.
Seeing as Christy went to every dance possible, that was a lot of trying on for her. I on the other hand had to go a different route. Okay, who am I kidding.. I only had two dresses I could squeeze into enough to breathe and even then, lets just say there is a reason I am not turning around in these pictures. :)






That is more like it! Thank you comfort!!!!!





This is NOT zipped up and it was a little depressing actually. Next time wedding dress, next time. :)





Then when we ran out of things to try on we found other things to do. I found a book bag my Aunt Cheryll had made me. A little doll my Grandma and Grandpa sent me when they were on their mission for the church to the Phillipines. Glasses from my sixth grade year and who can forget the lovely Pioneer Trek bonnet. You all are super jealous, I know it.





Mason had a hug fest with Uncle Kevin, I don't think he let go for awhile.


The trees in the back garden at Grandma and Grandpa's always have a child in them.


















Doing some homework with Zoie. We weren't the greatest at maintaining schoolwork, but we tried our best.

Aunt Heather and Uncle Matt work super hard during the day and they weren't able to come to a lot of things so they had us over to their place for dinner. Sorry Cat cousins, you are too loved by my children. Gus Gus did come out for a little bit, then realized that he was being foolish and should hide from the kids.




How do you eat your apple?



Uncle Matt probably just doesn't have the slightest clue how much fun the kids had that night. They thought Uncle Matt was so much fun and enjoyed each second of every pillow flown, or wrestle move delivered, and of course being able to change the channel's on the remote!








Taylor told the boys to stop it right then, but she just couldn't get them to listen. She chose the mini Magna doodle for her toy of choice that night.

At a park down in Syracuse. The kids werent' the most cooperative children in the neighbor with some pictures that my friend, Denise, was trying to capture. However, she got some super cute ones and I was thrilled to have some updated pictures on the walls. This was Carter with his fishing pole that he fashioned and didn't want to leave. We took a picture and hopefully it will be good enough.

No comments: