Sunday, March 13, 2011

Snow Shoeing

Christy in her element of being in the snow on top of a mountain. Christy invited me to do some of my training up in the mountains with her in the way of snow shoeing. I have to say, I loved it! Even though there were times when breathing was difficult due to the lack of oxygen at that altitude, I had a blast. I have never actually been skiing or snowboarding so even going on the lift was a new experience for me. I will admit I was a little nervous, but I made it to the top. Didn't dare take a picture from up in the air, that would have required letting go of the bar.


The newly fallen snow that week had made it an extra awesome time on the trail. We were fortunate enough that someone had already broke most of the trail. I didn't realize how grateful until we had to break our own trail. :) This is a picture of me on top of a branch or something else making up a small bridge over a frozen stream. It was so gorgeous up there.


Christy in all of her gorgeousness. She has to be the most active person I know, if she is not snowboarding or patrolling for her job she is teaching yoga, or other aerobics class. If she is not doing that she is gardening, running, or just having fun with her hubby and girls. Love her to bits and pieces. Glad we had this chance to be together in the mountains.




The part of the trail that we had to break, this was behind us.......

This was the trail in front of us. Christy estimated we were in about 20 inches of snow, fresh snow that is. :)
Not going to lie again, I am a scaredy cat. Christy looked over her shoulder from in front of me as we were going sideways across these hills to get to the easier way down.
She said, "sorry this is kind of awkward going at this angle."
I replied, "well it is awkward and slightly terrifying."
I was really just waiting for myself to go tumbling down the hill. Luckily, I didn't.
Thanks to Christy for the great day out. I don't think I am quite the expert, but I do hope that our next assignment will put us somewhere where we can do some more snow time activities like this.

No comments: