Thursday, March 31, 2011

Being a Boy is AWESOME

First, Brennan has made huge progress in the toilet training world. As much as he wanted to in the past he couldn't quite master the concept of holding the wee. We have turned a new leaf and he is doing a great job--yes I know there will be accidents now that I said how well he is doing. The best thing about toilet training with a boy is the fact that they have a penis. They can go ANYWHERE! There is no complicated squatting or holding in mid air problems. I love it--and Brennan actually does better at giving notice when we are driving, because he LOVES watering the trees.

Next, The threat to Brennan's eye was great when he was putting a stick in the mud and then fell into it with his eye being the target. He was really such an awesome sport, barely cried and would stop when I asked him too. Then he was sitting nicely and letting me dig at it to clean it. He really is a fabulous patient.
Buzz and his Bus. Two things that were fixtures for awhile and now they are hit and miss. He had played so hard this day and we were on the school pick up, when he fell asleep within seconds of leaving the drive.
This was the same day that I turned in his pre-school application for this September. It is bitter sweet, but I think he is going to love it. We talk about school, he is learning his letters right now. If he sees any letter, he first says--EEAAOO(sounds of course). it is quite hilarious. He also tries to write his name with many little circles put together. :) Brennan is a really good buddy to be home with.

1 comment:

Kalli and Derek said...

I too love that about boys, that you can just pull over wherever you need to. When ya gotta go ya gotta go. His poor eye, that looks and sounds very painful. What a cute kid.