
I just wanted to post my respects to this great man who passed away yesterday evening. Pres. Hinkley, the prophet and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was set apart as President when I was turning into a teenager and has been a major influence in my life. Most of you know how much my faith and my church means to me. I have always had a testimony of having a prophet on the earth today, as they did in days past. Studying the Old Testament has increased that faith so much. The Lord has always given his people someone to instruct, someone to lead, someone to give guidance in how our Heavenly Father would have us lead our lives. I am grateful for the many scriptrues which emphasize that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I know that we have a living prophet on earth. I know that with all my heart. I know that through inspiration from the Lord to the remaining apostles a new prophet will be named. Just as Adam, Noah, Moses, Joshua, and Samuel were able to lead the people of their day to follow a path that would lead back to our Father in Heaven and our savior Jesus Christ, we have that same instruction from a prophet to give us counsel to follow that same path. I am grateful for the constant that is in my faith. Knowing that the Lord will always be there.
Pres. Hinkley taught many times to "stand a little taller"and to "try a little harder to be a little better." May we continue to follow that counsel, always trying to reach one step above where we are.
2 comments:
He was an amazing man who will be greatly missed by all.
Beautifully written Hollie. I love that you did this. I miss him so much. I have his picture on my desktop/wallpaper. I was able to go to his viewing. The spirit was so strong. little children were crying it was incredible. this great prophet was so loved and he touched so many lives for good! I am looking forward though to witnessing the mantle passed to our new prophet Pres Monson and pray for his comfort and strength in facing this great responsibility. I know he will do a wonderful job.
Post a Comment