Friday, January 18, 2008

I love vomit..ok not really people..who does?

So last night we had the Elders(missionaries for the Mormom church) over for dinner, which is a very normal thing in this house. There are 4 missionaries in our area and they need to be fed, right?
Well, Mike went with them after dinner to help teach a guy who is getting baptized this Sunday and I had bed duty for the kids. Let me tell you, I can have all 3 dressed, ready for bed, medicine for Mason, books read and in bed in the record time of 20 minutes. Like I have stated before. "I dont' mess around with bed time schedules." Well, I was so proud of myself for once again accomplishing this task. All the kids in bed resting soundly and then what do I hear.....one big vomit session going on in Taylor's room. So I run in there to find that lunch, snack, dinner and dessert that day did not settle well. Sorry, but really you are lucky I didn't take pictures. So I am cleaning her up, have her in the tub, getting sheets pulled off the bed etc..most of you know the routine! Well, I am trying to get her out of the tub and we walk around the corner to find that daddy is home and is right to work getting new sheets, blankets etc.. This is when I realize how lucky I am that I have a hubby who will jump right in! Mike has been deployed a couple times and those are frustrating months all alone. You forget how much they really do when they are here.
So we get Taylor settled down, she is running a fever at this point and wants to cuddle.(I am a bad mom who does like that one thing when my kids are sick, they actually sit down and just cuddle with me) Finally we get her in bed. We sit down for little couple time and about 30 minutes later we are hearing crying. So we run to the back of the house this time to find Mason up. Mason being up is not a big astonishing moment. Part of Angelman Syndrome is the difficultly of sleeping so this is normal. Mason comes out, tries to go potty and wants a drink. He downs a sippy full of milk and seems content. So Mike and I sit down with Mason laying on the couch to continue our conversation. Next thing we know Mason is throwing up ALL of dinner. That kid has to be cut off at some point when we have enchilada's and last night he wasn't. So all over the couch, PJ's, floor, etc.. I am laughing because my poor child is just smiling away COVERED in his own vomit. I wanted to take a picture to post, but thought again about that. (I like that people read my blog). So more vomit to clean up...and WOW!! that was a big mess.
I'm sure everyone loves reading about my kids vomitting all over themselves, but I just had to share. We have had to clean up probably more than the average parent when it comes to weird messes(just trust me on this one..dont' debate me:) ).
This story I had to share because yesterday was also the day I decided my main New Year's resolution. Laugh more!!! I have many pictures of my boys making HUGE messes, mostly Mason that is. I never take pictures of the messes anymore, I roll my eyes, roll up my sleeves, get to work and am lucky not to be cursing by the end. So, I want to laugh like I use too at these messes. Ranch dressing, flour, chocolate pudding, lotion, soap, laundry detergent, sugar, hot cocoa mix, milk, and some I will leave out because too much information is sometimes WAY to much information. These things will never make me cringe again, I will laugh, take a picture(if appropriate) and then proceed to clean up.. I will let you know how this goes next time my spice and baking supplies cupboard gets emptied. :)

On one more note...all of you who have boys that plan on serving missions one day...Make sure they know the difference between Skim, 1%, 2%, and whole milk. As we were talking about milk last night we learn that one Elder went to the store for the first time on his mission and had NO IDEA there was more than 'blue' milk! At least they are color coded and so he was able to buy the blue milk like his mom and go home, but can you imagine the confusion if they weren't! Got a GREAT laugh out of that one.

4 comments:

kaylynnr said...

Hope the kids are feeling better soon. We went through that with Brett right before Christmas. Only he did it in our bedroom on his way to the bathroom.

Denise said...

You poor girl! I hope everyone is feeling better!

That is too funny about the milk! I will be sure to point that out to Gavin.

The Velas said...

okay Hollie, I love that you are laughing at this-like my Mike said at one point "what can you do!!!" and I love your new years resolution-I need to follow in your steps and LAUGH more at the silly things our kids do because I am sure we never did any of that as kids!! I do hope the kids are feeling better-did they all get what carter had? Give loves to everyone and tell them thier Aunt Jamie loves them!!Love you too-thank you for being my look up to person!!

Kalli and Derek said...

Hey, I have a picture that will be in the mail shortly, but do you have a preference on size?