Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Taylor's New Words

Taylor is an amazing 20 months old and she has been so quiet her whole life. Carter by this point in his life was so talkative. I don't know if I was given that blessing because of Mason's non-verbal ways, but it was great. I was starting to get worried about little Taylor who is very watched over by two big brothers. They fill in any blanks about her wants right away without giving her a chance to sign, talk, or anything really. Mason will often ask for a drink for himself, take a sip and then passes it on to her. Well, little Miss Quiet may not be for much longer. I was in the process of dinner and things needed to simmer so I went and sat on our couch and began to talk with Mike. She ran up to me and pointed to the kitchen and said, "Go Cook!" I just started laughing!! Now when she is hungry she just runs to the kitchen and points to the stove, "cook." I think it is so funny, mostly because I am never told to go cook in my house.
I am so grateful for Taylor's new found vocabulary. Carter talks enough for Mason, Carter and Taylor, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We sometimes have to tell him to wait his turn to talk, but never tell him to stop talking. It is such a blessing to hear sweet little words, ideas, wants, needs, and anything else they come up with. Mason communicates in his own right, but to have him talk would be such a miraculous blessing. So my challenge to all the parents today is to enjoy the talking...as much as it may be some days. :)

No comments: