What is weird is we were discussing while there that we missed England and the little day adventures you could have there. Our friends the Brough's said they would love to come and visit us where ever we go next, but especially England. What a crazy thing that 4 days later you find out that is where we are going. It is absolutely insane how things like that work.
Mike did find out his report no later than date is the 28th of Feb. So we are going to try and extend that a bit. If it can be done by about 30 days or so that would be great. The kids and I will finish out the school year. Me teaching seminary and them in their classes. Then we will be off. I know it was a shock, but it is also a great chance for anyone to come to England and visit. You don't even have to stay with us the whoel visit. If you want to go and explore we would certainly try and come with, but what an oppurtunity!!!
Ok, I need to try and get Mason to sleep and in bed sooner than later. It is a good thing the first week of seminary is over and I get to sleep in a bit. Getting up that early was starting to get too me. I have 4 boys that I teach. One 9th, one 10th and two 12th graders. Can I tell you...teenagers are kind of weird. It is like pulling teeth to get them to discuss the gospel--goodness gracious!!! :) They are fun though and they had loosed up a bit by the end of the week.
Those of you that are not members of our church and have no idea what I am talking about let me explain in a short summary. Seminary is like a sunday school during the week. It is open to 9th-12th graders. They study the Old Testament(that is this year), New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants in those 4 years that they are taking it. Here in the more remote areas of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints they do early morning seminary. I teach 4 students and there is also a teacher downtown who teaches some more of our youth. I look up to these kids for getting up and coming to my house at 6am to hear about something that will hopefully make them stronger in their life. Anyway, that is what I am doing. I am already sad that I won't be teaching it next year. Who knows maybe they will need a teacher in England.
Really going now...after I attach a few more pictures.
Hollie and Mike
2 comments:
my goodness, you ahve put alot into this blog. lots of good stuff hollie! good job. so the boys come to your house for seminary? thats so different. and you only have 4 boys? is that all that is interested in taking seminary at the school level or is that all the lds kids there? i thought the teacher had to have a degree or something. thats pretty cool!
so you are leaving for england in march ish? not apr? well it was fun to see your pics and hear all abt your canada trip. im so glad youall got to make it!
just checking to see if you answered my questions. interested in your seminary op...
Post a Comment