I wish I had a video of the conversation we were having with Carter last night. We were reading scriptures together in Genesis. We have on loan to us the big The Old Testament for Latter Day Saint families. There is a New Testament and Book of Mormon edition that I highly recommend as well. Anyway, we were talking about Cain's choices to kill Abel. In the book of Moses(found at the end of Book of Mormon--through modern day revelation by Joseph Smith we get a more detailed account of Genesis chapters 1-6-established as the book of Moses) We learn that Satan and Cain conversed about killing Abel, and it wasn't just a split second decision by Cain after having his offering turned away by the Lord.
So we are learning about all of this and trying to tell Carter that Satan likes us to make bad choices and Jesus Christ wants us to make good choices. I am then told from Carter, "So when Hatan(how he says Satan) tries to tell me to make a bad choice I will say to him, i only make good choices Hatan." He then told us that Hatan will be mad and then go away because we won't make a bad choice for him. It was very funny seeing all the determination in Carter that vowed he would follow the Savior. It was also great because to see the connections of the gospel made in your child are a huge blessing, and seeing them have a desire to follow Jesus Christ can't be topped!!
No comments:
Post a Comment