Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Our Mason is finally back!!!

You never realize how much your child has changed until you have them back to their normal self. We decided to take Mason off that new med and he is a totally different child. He hasn't had any seizures in over a week and is smilng, laughing, and enjoying life! I dont' know if that medicine did help in the aspect of getting back to his schedule of sleeping through the night. He is back on a little medicine to help him sleep.
Here is why I love Mason:
1. That smile of his will melt any heart.
2. He is more mature and layed back than most 1st graders.
3. He is very intelligent and doesn't hold it against anyone who thinks otherwise.
4. He loves me unconditionally
5. Did I mention that smile of his that can melt you away?
6. He also is sneaky, now most would ask why I love that. It is because it shows he is processing and deciding how to get away with something.
7. He gives the best hugs in the world!

Speaking of Mason. He tripped and fell last night, got the side of his eye area against the counter. He only needed a couple stitches and is completely fine. Why do kids always hurt themselves right at bedtime? Never fails when you have to take them to the ER it is always at night when they should be in bed. Do they plan that? I will get a picture of his eye--really doesn't look that bad, but will post it anyway.

Life is good and I am glad to be alive today! I would go into detail about why I feel that good today, but it would take FOREVER! I am just happy about life.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

4 comments:

kaylynnr said...

Hollie,
That is so great that Mason is back tbeing his old self. I will definetly agree that Mason's smile will melt your heart. That is one of the things I miss most about being out here in AK. I miss seeing him every day at school,and saying Hi and having him smile.
Kay

Denise said...

Yay! I'm glad that Mason is back to his normal, happy self! I'm sure that is a big relief for you.

Hope things are going well...it sounds like they are. Miss ya!

Kalli and Derek said...

Hi Hollie! I decided I would finally leave a comment. You are so good to keep up on stuff. I keep trying, I just have nothing to really write about, but I love reading yours. Glad to hear things are good and you are so happy to be alive, we could all use that positive outlook. Love ya! Kalli

Denise Christiansen said...

oh dear. sorry about that moment in life but good to see it didnt derfer your happiness! good girl! first i heard about this though. im relieved to know that it want that serious! and more relieved that he's back to his precious self and not having seizures!