Thursday, November 14, 2013

The rain gave way...

I love these two buddies. Not many people get the privilege of having two amazing sons, I mean I have four, just sayin. I am just going to take a moment for these two, the ones we refer to as our two oldest children. Sometimes it feels like we had a first child twice. Mason came at a time when we least expected, and then we found out we were pregnant with Carter two months before Mason's diagnosis of Angelman Syndrome. I still remember the moment on Mason's first birthday when we saw him army crawling around and thought to ourselves, "he is so big, it is time for another baby." The feeling was very strong, and we knew it was right. I think it was Heavenly Father's plan to already have me pregnant before a diagnosis for Mason. I can't say that I would have hesitated to have more children if it was the other way around, but it might have made us pause longer than needed. Carter is Mason's big brother as much as Mason is Carter's. They do take care of each other and have a special bond with each other. This picture might be blurry, but it is one of my favourites. So grateful that the Lord's plan was the way it was, because I wouldn't have it any other way.
Carter went flower hunting and came back with an amazingly unique flower. At least it was unique to us, because we still don't know what kind it is. My boys are always delivering me flowers and telling me how much they love me, it makes a mom feel fantastic.
After Beaumaris Castle we had got back to the chalet and it was cold, but not raining! We took this opportunity to explore the woods around the site. The kids always love the words, "lets go on an adventure." That is all we had to say to get them excited about going for a family walk.


Sword fighting is a must if you are a Christiansen, there is no stopping it. Cameron is smiling at himself for finding a stick and making it into a sword. Yes, we start them young. Carter and Brennan were making me slightly nervous around the river. It was moving swiftly at this time of year, and you could tell that it was deep in quite a few places. I'm glad that they are sure on their feet, because that would have been a really cold swim for Mike.


The next morning was our day to pack up and leave. We told the kids that if we got an early start we would be able to see one last place before really hitting the road. Carter is definitely maturing because he was packing, gathering, cleaning, and just about anything else to help because he wanted to see another castle.
Just a few pictures of the area where we were staying. The little Chalet looks so small from the outside, however it was just the right size for us and made a perfect little home away from home.




No comments: