Harlech Castle was a great castle! It had nooks and crannies everywhere! It was pretty clear, by that I mean the rain had stopped. We had come here right after being at the mine, and it was a relief to be dry for a bit. However, with the lack of rain the temperature started dropping.
You could go pretty high up at this castle, and when looking down it seemed a long way to fall! We decided to not linger at the top, because it wasn't the most secured area, and fear of children dropping off the edge was a bit to real.
We really like the trebuchet balls that had been excavated from the site of the castle. We wanted to assemble some weaponry and test them out!
I'm in love with mason's face in this picture, so funny.
As one does on a cold day we stopped for ice cream. How can you deny your children the apparent Award Winning creations. I can testify that not only was the gentleman super friendly, but the ice cream was delicious. I particularly loved the creamy texture of the ice cream. Mike had some honeycomb, there was chocolate had by most, I tried the Banofee flavour. All in all it was a fabulous treat in the cold of Wales.
After the ice cream we got to the car and tried to make it over to one last castle, Dolwyddalen. We didn't get to go in as it is now winter hours and they had closed for the day. It made for a nice little walkabout, chasing sheep outing.
We loved this small lake as we drove back home, it was amazingly smooth and the reflection was fantastic.
1 comment:
Some of those high up ones made me quite nauseous! You got some great photos though - I especially love the one of their backs looking out over the castle wall. So glad you are travelling and seeing the sights!
Post a Comment