Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Candy Corn dilemna

Candy Corn is an American thing my friends. I enjoy myself some candy corn, but when the base gets the one shipment sometime in September/October is is gone before one can blink an eye. I'm pretty sure there is one person who buys them out completely, they should have a ration card for seasonal items like they do for alcohol. This year I planned ahead for my Oreo turkeys I like to make for the kiddos and had my parents send them in a box with a few other things. When my parents send something, they don't let the moment go wasted! Mason is a big fan of those lovely priority mail boxes that come through the door, and I'm pretty sure he knows my dad's writing now.
He would not let me say, "there is nothing in there for you." Generally I can get away with this tactic and he s fine. I even pulled out just the paper and told him that was all, but he was not fooled! He knows a Grandpa and Grandma box!! He sat and asked nicely in every way he could think of to get some Candy Corn. He was such a sweet guy we had to crack one bag open.
Cameron popped into the lounge and discovered very quickly that he was missing out on something. He didn't waste anytime in trying to eat them.

Thanks Gma and Gpa! One set of Oreo turkey's already done for a Cub Scout presentation on Thanksgiving.

No comments: