
Luckily for me there was already a party planned for me to conveniently crash while in Utah. I was able to go to Boondocks (a pretty crazy fun zone place with just about everything to do) and help my cousin Jake celebrate his eighth birthday! This is my Uncle Andy with his little girl Brianna.

Kevin and the boys actually surprised me by showing up at the party. They had been at the sand dunes that weekend and I didn't expect them to be there. Kevin made up a lame excuse that Noah and Kris wanted Mindy there to watch them play so that he could go back and get her. It was so fun to surprise everyone...even if they are getting tired of my surprises. :) Also, sorry Kevin--you aren't in this picture, I think you were watching football. :)

Cousin Jake and nephews Kris and Noah!

Myself, my dad and my fabulously fun Aunt and Uncle, Rich and Pat. Seriously just adore these two amazing people!

Uncle Andy and me. We tried to find my Aunt Denise to take a picture with us, but she was off looking after the children.

Yes, they are super excited that their Aunt Hollie just flew half way across the world to see them...so much so they plopped in front of the TV!! :) Good thing I brought chocolate to bribe them.

So Jamie and Heather still did not know I was there and we called them over to come to Kellie's house to help support Kellie after surgery. Better support would have been being alone and relaxing, but that is no fun! Mike V. was on his R&R from Afghanistan, so it was also fun to get to see him. Heather did not want to come to Kellie's, there was far to much work to do after getting home from the dunes. However, she loves my mom so much that she told her yes she would come to Kellie's for a minute to say hello. I hid in usual fashion and came down the stairs, Matt was right there and I gave him a hug and just stood next to him while Heather chatted away with my mom. It took a few seconds and then she finally looked up. She just smiled and shook her head. :) Then comes Jamie and Mike with kids in hand about 5 minutes later. I run upstairs and hear Jamie walk in and say, "Where is Hollie? I know she is here." About ten minutes before she left the house she looked on Facebook to find Christy's status about The 100 and that I flew in to cheer her on. Can't keep any secrets with Facebook, can you? It was pretty funny anyway, and still a great surprise.

Sahara was tired, sick, and just plain moody. Like any good Auntie in order to receive love and attention I gave her more chocolate after her mom said she had had enough. :)

Nothing a little Cadbury's won't fix.
1 comment:
Surprises! I'm sure everyone was so happy to see you -- and Yes, flying ALONE is awesome!! Enjoy the chaos, though, because before you know it you and Mike will always be flying alone and the children will be launched -- seriously, you won't believe how fast it happens!!
XOXO Auntie L
Post a Comment