Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa

I had so much fun just spending a day with grandma and grandpa Mason. I loved talking with and just doing what is was they would be doing that day. We peeled some onions for pickling and chatted for awhile. Then we headed to Aunt Verna's house. It was her birthday the day before and she had turned 94! She is so amazing and brilliant, I hope I inherited the wonderful genes that run in my family.




Aunt Verna is Grandpa's sister and I felt right at home with her and loved having some birthday cake and ice cream to help celebrate her day. I hope that my grandparents know how much I love them and how amazing I think they are. It was a wonderful treat to spend the day with them and just talk and get to know them even more. Last year for Christmas we got them some books for them to fill out about themselves that they give back to us. Grandma showed me hers and I was really in tears at the wonderful treasure that book is going to be for myself and my family. Such a neat idea that I would recommend to all!
I'm not sure at this point how long my grandparents have been married, I think it has to be sixty something years, but I enjoyed so much the love that I could see between them. Little things that they did so naturally for one another that I had never noticed before. It was just a sweet day that I will remember and hold special always.



No comments: