Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fire Bomb Bracelet



I have a real issue with the Princess overload that plagues our young girls today. I am totally okay with a slight princess mention, but it can become so extreme that self worth is determined by how much this little girl looks like a princess. In literally sickens me when I see one year old children being dressed up like little princesses and such.(I'm talking about other days than Halloween) You know it is just the parents and nothing that child has chosen on their own. On that note, I have never pushed the princess thing with Taylor. If she brought it up I would play along, but I don't push this issue at all. So the other day I asked Taylor to do something and she said, "I am not Taylor I am princess."


I said, "Princess, will you go..."

She replied, "No, I have my bracelet that has fire bombs inside so that I can beat the dragon."

"Oh, that is very awesome Princess are you fighting him by yourself?"

"yes, I have fire bombs in this heart and fire shooters in the balls."

With this I got a fabulous feeling that even when she is a Princess she is still strong willed and wants to fight her battles. It made me laugh. She was wearing it for days and fighting dragons.

Taylor is a unique and fabulous strong spirit. The only person that can get to her is Carter. I often tell people that Taylor tries to compete for Alpha Female in our home by giving quite the stare downs. Taylor is so precious and I hope that she continues to develop her self worth in a healthy way.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for Taylor! She does have a very strong female role model at home. :)
I'm a huge supporter of anti-princess movements because marketing to little girls is demeaning and limiting and too focused on how they look and not who they are. We need more female dragon fighters instead of telling girls they should wait for a man to rescue them.
(When you saw a comment from me, you must have known it would be a rant, right?)

Denise said...

That is awesome! I would dare say that she got that awesome strong will from her amazing mama. You're doing a great job. :)

Unknown said...

Go Taylor! If she decides she wants to fight dragons it sounds like she has the right tools! Way to go, Mama!

Tatroclan said...

Go Taylor. I think girls can do whatever they want. People who let their children be subjected to the ways of the world are lazy and probably need a self check. Are we to follow the ways of the world or the ways of The Lord? When you start defending the ways of the world it's time to get back to basics and do a self check. The Lord has saved the strong ones for the Latter Days, we as parents know that and should remember to teach our children His ways. Go Taylor & Hollie