Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Landlord

I was really proud of Carter tonight for his actions in Operation Fix the Carpet. I am in charge of making sure that money chores get done every morning and every night. Mike was in charge of setting up the meeting with Mr. Buckle our Landlord. Mike and I initially did not see eye to eye on this coming clean with the Landlord deal, but we decided it was best to have Carter face up to what happened. Today was the day. Mike called Mr. Buckle and gave him a heads up. Instead of making Carter go to him he said he would come and let Carter show him what he did. We did explain that it would come out and so not having a heart attack would be great. Carter explained exactly what he did, why he did it and what he is doing to fix it. Mr. Buckle was fabulous!!! He sternly, but very nicely explained to Carter that he was disappointed that he would draw on his carpet. He asked Carter about the carpet being replaced, that is when Carter explained his chores to earn money. After Mr. Buckle left Carter was near to tears as he told us how nervous he was. We gave him plenty of praise and told him not a lot of children could have followed through with what he had done. He did awesome and was very polite about the whole thing. He told Mr. Buckle sorry, said it would not happen again and told him thank you for coming over so he could tell him. What a star!!
Carter has also completed Level 1 in his reading. So he is now on too Level 2 books and couldn't be more proud of himself(us either). We bought him a couple new books just for him to celebrate. Our little man is growing up fast. He is really a fun kid to have around. I need to make a list of British things he is picking up, I have to really control myself from laughing out loud sometimes. The other day he told Taylor as she had just shut the van door and stood very close to it at the same time, "Taylor you nearly snapped yourself. Don't do that, it frightened me." He also said his class, "made loads of sweeties today." There are so many others. I will keep a list and make a whole seperate post.

3 comments:

kaylynnr said...

Good job, Carter!

The Dahls said...

What a sweet boy! You guys are awesome parents...good way to teach him the lesson. He sounds like such a little darling...I wish I could hear his Brittish jargon for myself.

Matt and Jeni and kids said...

LOL! Carter I love you for being so responsible! You are a sweetheart!