Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ratatouille

Tonight I am the best mom ever, says Carter. I decided plain boiled zucchini was not that appealing to my children no matter what health benefit I could convince them of. So I decided on this. .....

It was perfectly lined up and filled the pan before I took this picture. When I took the aluminiun off the pan Carter yelled out, "you made ratatouille!" He was so excited and Taylor joined in with much enthusiasm also chanting, "ratatouille, yippee." Mason was asking for some and I beamed with excited as my plan of getting them to actually eat zucchini worked. Carter finished his, Taylor ate about 5-6 slices, Mason even actually partook of the goodness. I love when for one night only I am the best mom ever! :)

*** I sliced the zucchini, spread evenly, olive oil sprinkled over, garlic seasoning, red pepper flakes. Put in the oven covered with aluminium for about 20 minutes. I have a grill oven, and i have no idea how to use it(the top half). It was on about 150 degrees C. ***

2 comments:

The Dahls said...

Yum!! Sounds way good! And your daughter is so funny. I remember hiding in the dryer with Kellie...hmmm. We truly did intend to call you today but couldn't figure out the daylight saving time/time difference thing. So you tell me, what time (Utah time) should I call you? We'll try this again tomorrow.

The Velas said...

Aren't you the BEST MOM ALL the time!! (at least that is what I think) that zucchini looks good- I am having a hard time cooking these days-my poor kids. Talk to you soon! love ya-jam