Thursday, May 3, 2012

It is the little things.

Today I felt the world caving in around me. It has been a stressful week, one thing after another and I found myself getting shorter and shorter with patience. I wanted to do better, I wanted to not feel like a failure as a mother, but there I was thinking all of those things. I had to make some beds due to some accidents and was upstairs thinking about all the things we still had to accomplish before bedtime. I came downstairs and found these guys just like this. Today my kiddos made me smile, made me realize that it is okay that my house looks like a tornado went through it. That it is okay that I can't do it all, it is okay to just get the basics done sometimes. There is a time and a season for everything. My season says I shall be messy because there are more important things to do, like love and hug these bunch of cuties!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Wow! Kids, what can I say but Thank you!,
Carter I am so proud of the little man that you are growing into so fast, To see you here with your sister and brothers holding Cameron to sleep while your mom works so hard to make the house function brings me such joy. I cant be there and just knowing that you do what you can to step up and help shows just how grown up you are. You take so much on your plate at such a young age to help your family especially with your older brother and no one can hold a candle to you, I love you and so so miss you. Now, go out and be a kid for an hour or so...

Taylor, you to are growing up so fast and to see you there reading to your brothers keeping Brennan entertained while your mommy works so hard. You are so wonderful and sweet, the way you have helped with Mason the last few days, you are gong to grow up to be such a awesome mommy just like yours. You keep up all the good work, writing, drawing, and reading, you are going to be brilliant just like your mom.

Brennan, what can I say about you "Tank" you are just a sweet little ball of fun. Growing so fast and learning so much from your brother and sister just keep it up and you will be just as great as they are.

Kids, I love you so much and wish more than anything that I could be there with you. But, daddy will be home as soon as my TDY is over to give your mommy a break and to have some fun with you guys.

All of you give your awesome mom a hug and kiss for me because if you didn't know it already, She is the best mom in the world. No matter what she thinks.

Love Dad

The Viewer said...

What a sweet moment. I love it. Miss you all

Denise Christiansen said...

love the tenderness of the picture, the moment and the notes from DAD! love you son! I'm so proud of YOU! I'm proud of all of you and how hard you work to keep the home fires burning and the love and tender moments like these! good job everyone!xoxo