Family Home Evening is on Monday nights--well at least we try and have it every Monday--we fail at this more than we should. So tonight the lesson was about staying happy, positive, and kind when things don't always go the way you want them too. ALL day today we have had sunshine, no clouds, 80 degrees of loveliness. We start bringing everything out for our FHE activity/dinner which was a hot dog roast. We start roasting as some gray clouds come out of no where and start to produce rain, not just any rain, but huge drops of rain. Everyone stayed happy and positive while they were getting wet and roasting their 'dog'. Then the kids started to sing a song about Noah(the prophet). The words they sing include, "rain, rain, rain...rain, rain, rain. OOOOHHHH Noah, Noah didn't it rain?" Then I laughed because we weren't just teaching the lesson--we were living it--we hadn't even had the proper lesson yet! Such a fabulous and fun night.
Carter also said I wasn't allowed to show these pictures to his children, because he could only find Taylor's raincoat. :)
Keeping nice and dry under the table. He was a little worried when the rain first started to fall.
2 comments:
Dear Hollie,
I am just catching up on my internet links and have looked through your last month with dismay, empathy and admiration. What an ordeal for all of you. I am so happy to hear that Mason is mending and returned to his normal smiling self. I hope his mommy has had a few deep breathing moments to start recovery.
You have my profound respect and hope you know that our love and thoughts are with you much more than our level of communication would indicate.
Hugs to all of you,
Auntie L
I love this story! It made me cry. Such a perfect family moment . . . and your kids are so GOOD -- just like you've taught them to be! The best part of whole thing, of course, is Cameron staying dry under the table. I love it!
Post a Comment