
I am very aware that Columbus Day is an important day, good to remember good ol' Christopher Columbus and all he did back in 1492. HOWEVER---Mason is not happy about not going to school today because of this day. He stood, cried, and banged at the door for 45 minutes this morning while I got the other kids ready for school. He was ticked off that his taxi was not coming, regardless of how many times I told him there was no school today. He has since been okay with not going because we had BK for breakfast, got him new shoes, and went shopping at the commisary. Yup, I resorted to bribery to make the poor boy happy that he had to stay home with mom. Now he is watching his favorite show of the week, The Wizard of Oz, while I am folding socks/blogging. :)
There is a small story behind his new shoes. He had perfectly wonderful shoes last week until he took them off himself and somehow lost one shoe. He was alone for 5-10 minutes so I'm not sure how this happened. We found one outside by the trampoline, but the other has since disappeared into thin air. I figured the only way to find the other shoe was to cave and buy new ones. So far, no luck.
1 comment:
I'm thinking you can blame the hedgehog for the missing shoe...sorry Mason wasn't a happy guy today, but I'm glad he loves school so much! Take care, my dear!
Post a Comment