Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mason's Baptism

What a great day for our family! Mason was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I wish I would have had a camera on him all day today and been able to capture just how excited Mason was for this. For someone to doubt that this was his choice would be impossible. Carter gave a talk on baptism and Mason's friend Emily gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Mike had to nearly go under with Mason so he would go under. It wasn't that Mason wouldn't have enjoyed going under, it was the mechanics of his body that made it a little awkward. I had a report that Mason kept looking back and side to side to see those that came to support him. It was fabulous to feel the love of our ward family here in England. When so far from our families these people are truly family to us and we were so touched to have so many there for Mason. After Mason was baptized he was confirmed. This means his name goes in the church records as an official member and he was given the gift of the Holy Ghost. I have NEVER seen Mason sit that still for that long. It was just a couple minutes, but normally a leg or arm or something is twitching on Mason. I did peek while the blessing was being given and saw Mason with a look on his face that I could not describe. He was in such peace. I was grateful that the circle of Brethren around Mason had a slight gap so that I could see this. Our Lord loves Mason and I can feel that everyday that I am with him. The Lord uses Mason as a tool to show others that same love. I don't know anyone who can't feel love radiate from this handsome boy.
Carter was so proud of his big brother. I take his words at the end of his talk, "I am proud of Mason for making this choice to be baptized. He is very special to me and I take care of him."



Thank you so much to all those who took the time to support Mason and our family. We are so grateful for such wonderful friends that we are surrounded by. It is an honor to know each of them and count them as part of our family.

11 comments:

Kohler said...

Hollie, that is so special! I teared up reading it. Congratulations Mason! And I'm wondering what those things are at the bottom of Taylor's picture - they look delicious!

Denise Christiansen said...

words can not express what i am feeling as i see these beautiful pictures and share the joy and wonder of this special day for Mason and all who witnessed this blessed event! I feel like I could burst! i'm so proud of carter as well for giving a talk and it made my heart swell as i read his words that he takes care of Mason! that was my earnest prayer when you were pregnant with carter...that you would have a boy so Mason would have someone special to love and take care of him. oh such slendorness! i love it! I love God's tender mercies that He showers upon us each and every day!
so so happy Mason could have this special day and feel how much he is loved by Father and His Son and all those who were there. and i hope he knows how much he is loved by those of us who were there is spirit!

Anonymous said...

SO AWESOME! CONGRATS!

Katie said...

What a great day! Congrats Mason!

The Dahls said...

This brought tears to my eyes! He's such a sweet spirit and, you're right, such a handsome boy. I'm so excited for him! Soooooo special!

Matt and Jeni and kids said...

What an amazing experience! I cried when I looked at the picture of Carter hugging Mason. And I can't believe how mature and handsome Mason looks in that one picture. The one with the look like, "I know how special I am!" I love it. I am so happy for him and your family. We miss you guys and wish so bad we could be a part of all this, but know that we love and support you from back home! :)

mcintyreandco said...

What a wonderful and touching experience. My eyes have welled up with tears from reading this entry. Mason is a special kid and what an awesome day for him. Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad that you have such great support where you are.

It's Me...shell said...

That's so cool. I also got teary eyed. He's so big it's crazy. I'm so excited for you all.

Kasey, Chelsi, Auklin and Kanyin said...

oh i just cried all the way through!!! I wish so much I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment and yes, Rachel thinks her hair should be green permenantly too. School starts tomorrow, big day, both kids official now. We were school shopping and went into the Carter's clothing store, and both Ethan and Rachel in stereo said, Is this store just for our friend Carter because it has his name. Too funny, thought you would get a kick out of that. You can also tell Carter, that every night when they go to sleep they think it's time for y'all to wake up. Didn't mean to write a book...

James & Heidi said...

Like everyone else here, this was a tender and touching entry. I'm so happy for Mason and your family. You have such sweet kids. Hollie, you have a great gift for writing. You have me laughing, crying, and sighing through out your blog entries. Have you thought about writing a book? Just about your life experiences? I'd be the first to buy it.