Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scotland Day 7

Rain, Rain go away come again another day. That best described this day. We stayed at a caravan site in St. Andrews a lot of this beautiful wet day. I had to do some laundry because the eight days and the extra clothing were all used up. Imagine that, the children went through more clothes than I anticipated. Good news and a highlight of my trip, the site had an American sized washer. People just don't even understand how tickled I was about that. So some good times in the RV and laundry, then we headed out. We knew climbing castles were not in this days future. On the map about 6 miles south of St. Andrews I saw a name and we had to drive there because it was even spelled properly.





That six mile journey is dedicated to my little sister. I went and surveyed the castle to see if it was a learning or climbing. After hearing it was a learning the kids were not thrilled about going and we decided it would be better to drive on to Edinburgh and get set up for the night. After we were a few miles down the road Mike says, "You know I would have hung out with the kids while you went in." Nice thought a little too late. :) Thanks babe.
I mentioned in the previous post that Mike had intentions of going golfing. He decided he would rather wait and try to actually get on The Old Course than just gold any course there.








This bridge is a train bridge built in 1890. We thought it looked like quite the accomplishment!





Teriyaki chicken was on the menu that night. After I taught Carter how to play War with our new deck of cards he was pleased with winning and thought he was cool stuff. Mike built a little rain prove hut beside the RV and it turned into a family fun time night. Mason was in heaven helping Dad BBQ and Carter always got in on it. Brennan was in heaven being outside until the late hours of the night. All in all this was our slowest day, but it was fun and relaxing.




Carter is eating his chicken. We looked over and saw him gripping it like an animal and ripping it to bits. Seriously, this boy loves this recipe(thank you Grand Forks Bowman family). We did tell him that we weren't living in the dungeons of castles and that he was permitted to eat with a fork.









No comments: