Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Scotland Day 4

Monday we ended up pulling into a layby for the night. Mike was getting tired and we were not close enough to a Caravan Park to make it. There were a few other RV's and so we figured it was safe. At that point it was dark and we didn't see what a gorgeous sight we would wake up too. Mike and I slipped out before the kids woke up and enjoyed the fresh air with no noise. That didn't last long as we approached the front door of the RV the noise level increased and we found one child awake with turned to four awake very quickly. Our 3 minute respite was just what we needed to energize us for the day.


See what I mean about those clouds swallowing the mountains?


Mike was quite pleased on Sunday when he got accepted into the RV club. It was hilarious. Apparently when you have an RV and pass fellow RVer's you wave. Some were quite cheerful, others out of obligation. Then we had super enthuasists that smiled, waved, and even bounced a little. Couples participate in this fun game, so it is not just for the driver. NUMBER ONE RULE: You ONLY wave to RVer's. The people pulling caravan's DO NOT WAVE!!! We thought this was hilarious.


Inverlochy Castle was great fun. It is deemd by my family as a climbing castle and so everyone enjoys themselves. Mike likes to see just how high he can get and I could not let him have all the fun. Brennan was unstrapped and I had a bit of a climb myself. We had this man take our family picture as we were leaving and it would have been fabulous had he noticed Mason's head was not really in it that well. That is what you get for asking someone else...you are just grateful that you can be seen. As I was on top of the castle Mike was able to run and get a picture of this steam train that was flying by. The kids figured that was an extra treat for their entertainment.





Need to know traffic in Scotland...ok seriously? No mobile phone while driving, but sure hop on the internet and check that traffic! Loved this!






This picture is for our niece Skye. Thought she might enjoy that. We wanted to go over to the Isle of Skye, but time wasn't on our side. It is noted for another trip.












Loch Garry








Eilean Donan Castle was one of our favorites. We even got there to find a bagpiper setting the mood for the day. That was awesome. The kids had just been coloring a picture of a bagpiper and learning about this special musical instrument of Scotland. They were tickled to see one in action.









Our last stop of the day was a side note that we happened to pass and thought would be fun. Turned out we were right. The small picture of Mason grabbing his face was great. Let me tell you why. We soon realized that Mason really didn't want to eat, we didn't think anyone should be allowed to use the toilet, we were just suppose to go go go. If we stopped he was franatic with anticipation until we were on our way. This was through the whole trip--kind of fun and annoying.
Although we have seen larger falls it was a fun little hike. Mike was very proud of his awesome wife for crossing this suspension bridge. If you know Hollie, you know this. Water-fear, Bridges above water--worse! Although I don't want my kids to ever know so I do breathe and get through bravely. Mason loved when Mike took him out to the middle of the river on some rocks. Which meant Mason had intentions of jumping in and was quite disappointed when we said no way!! Carter was anxious to follow that brave adventure and did great. Apparently water is fine in Carter's eyes, but height if the fear. Brennan kept yelling at the water in high pitched squeals and wouldn't let go of the rails on the side. A man offered to take our picture...will we ever get one with all our kids looking? Oh yes! The one under the rock we took ourselves and it was the best yet. :)
Hopefully this way of doing the pictures was easier than before. :) I did figure that going through a post with 34 pictures was a bit much. My family asked me to take lots of pictures...I think I came through.

2 comments:

TokenLiberal said...

You did a fabulous job of making us feel like we were enjoying your trip with you! What an adventure -- and the company of 4 children made it a very ambitious one, too! You are awesome!

Kalli and Derek said...

Wow, day 4 and I'm already amazed! I am trying to look at all of this on dereks iPhone because we don't have a computer right now, but I had a ton to catch up on so I had to stick it out. I am with you on the water and bridge thing, but you wouldn't have gotten me on that bridge.