Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's in a name?





Considering all the name changing our little guy experienced in the first week of life I was a bit nervous about the blessing. I knew that it would all be confirmed then. Some of you who are not familiar with our church may not know what a blessing is. When an infant in our church is blessed they are given a name for the records of the church and then a blessing. This is done by one holding the correct priesthood authority. In our case we have been fortunate enough that Mike has that authority. It has been known on occasion that in a blessing the name of a baby has been changed. I know for a fact that these blessings come from our Heavenly Father. It is him who is blessing that child. Mike is just the orator of what message our Heavenly Father has. You might be wondering at this point if Brennan is still in fact Brennan. Well, to my comfort and great relief we still have a wonderful Brennan Guy Christiansen. I have been asked where is name came from. We try really hard to name our children after someone that has influenced us in anyway. Elder Brennan was with Mike on his mission when he was ran over and nearly killed. Then we have Guy. That is my dad's middle name. My Dad is trully my hero and I was grateful that Mike and I felt it was time to use that name for one of our children.

6 comments:

Logan's Mine said...

Hollie! How are you? It's so nice to see your beautiful family! I can't believe you have four!! Wow! I just had my first in March and she is a beautiful blessing from my loving Father in Heaven. I'm glad to see you're doing well with your family. My husband is in the Air Force as well working as a weapons loader on the F16. Military life is different, right? We like it though! Anyway, hope to talk to you soon!

Katey said...

What an awesone family picture! It looks like a professional pic! I am glad all went as planned with the baby blessing! He sure is getting big and so handsome!

DyeFam said...

What an awesome post! We loved the pictures and learning about your baby's name! What a cute family

Our Family said...

What a sweetheart and your family is beautiful. I'm so glad your parents were there, they look great, I haven't seen them in ages.

Lisa said...

i love the carpenters!!! anywho- you have such a beautiful family, i love the new picture of you all. i'm so glad that you have had your family come and visit.

Kalli and Derek said...

What a cutie! I wish I could have been there. And I'm glad his name stuck :) I like it, it seems to fit his cute little face. love you guys