
This first picture really says it all....

One toddler, a 4 year old, and a child who isn't that stable with shoes on going skating all at once. One parent who doesn't have skates on and another who thought, "sure I will remember how to do this." Let me tell you I was the parent that didn't use her brain. Ice skating is not like riding a bike...you will forget the groove that it takes! So although we weren't out there long, the point is we tried. No one broke anything and Carter still wants to go back. All in all I call it a sucessful day. Carter did a face plant into the ice and didn't want to continue after that, but he proudly exclaimed, "tomorrow when I come I will be better than today!" What a fabulous attitude he had. Mason just thought we were insane for even attempting to put some skates on his feet. Taylor did try, bless her little heart, she kept on getting up time and time again!

Best of all it was a blistering 15 degrees above!!! That is some really nice weather baby!!! Could our big melt down be just around the corner?
6 comments:
Hollie- I've been lurking around for a bit and I wanted to come out and say hello. I don't remember whos blog I found you through but one of our mutual friends. I just wanted to say that you have such a cute family! I love that your husband is out there in the FREEZING cold temps to build a snow cave with your kids and that you are out there documenting it all. And all of you ice skating. :) It's so fun. I just wanted to say how happy you all look. :) Thanks for the smile.
-Amber
I give you credit for going skating, I could never do it, I have no coordination for that! Mason looks so cute in his school project, I miss seeing him at school, his smile is so heart warming.Mike looked like he was having a ball doing the tunnel, think he had more fun than the kids!
That is so AWESOME! You are all such troopers to bear the sub-zero temperatures!!!
How adventurous you are! We have thought of going ice skating several times, and then we remember, "Oh wait. We can't ice skate. We have a toddler!" Rockefeller Center will have to wait! You guys are much better troopers than us -- three kids on ice skates. I love it! I'm also impressed that you went out in such cold weather. It looks like you're the only ones (crazy enough/brave enough :) to be there.
so loved the comment and pic that says it all! so funny! looks like they had a great time. good job parents!
hey whats up with the mogul comment?
Post a Comment