Mason was thrilled for his birthday to come around and I could tell because he kept taking the photo albums off the shelf and flipping to all the pictures of him opening presents! I think he kind of knew what was up.
Mason loves Marvel Comics and super heroes at the moment, what better way than an Avengers cake. Mason loved all the new books he got, a new sprinkler to run through and a cool Velcro dart board. He is easy to please and reminds us that sometimes less is more in the grand scheme of things.
The most exciting thing about Mason turning 12 was his opportunity to receive the Priesthood in the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mason is a special case and after talking with our bishop we all decided together that Mason should receive this gift so that he can exercise that authority to the best of his capabilities. I have already been so impressed with the Young Men of our ward who have welcomed Mason, and not just as a kid who is now there, but I have seen them make him their true friend and have dove right in to something that they may have been unsure about at first. One of their first activities was a movie night with Mason because they knew that he would love that the most. I just love these Young Men that Mason will serve with, they are amazing. Mike was able to ordain Mason into the Aaronic priesthood, and Mason was calm, collected, and beaming from one ear to the other! for more info on what the priesthood is and our other beliefs you can visit lds.org


2 comments:
This made me tear up. What a beautiful boy with amazing parents. You are all truly remarkable!
Awe, this is so awesome! Way to go Mason!
Post a Comment