Here is a novel idea, Mike and I actually went out on a date to celebrate our anniversary. First a shout out to our amazing friends Toni and Jacob. Mike had been planning this date for awhile. I was going to be at girls camp all week(more on that later) and be home the day before our anniversary. While I was at camp our sweet little Honor(I consider her one of our own) fell and broke her femur at the playground. This was a Monday night and our date was the following Saturday. When I got home Mike and I decided that there was no way we would have Toni and Jacob watch the kids as planned because they had enough of their own stuff going on at the moment. However, Toni called and confirmed their willingness and let us know they were coming over anyway. Mike went back to his original plans of taking me on a punting tour of the Cam. The Cam is in Cambridge and we had a great little tour of the different universities there.It was a gorgeous night and we were both grateful for the chance to get out and enjoy. We aren't very fancy people and in an effort to be quicker than usual that evening(because we still felt bad) we grabbed some Chinese Take Away and ate in the car chatting. It was short, sweet, but very lovely!









1 comment:
Happy Anniversary you two! I'm so glad you guys got a chance to go celebrate!
I still remember your wedding like it was yesterday. Here's to many more happy years together!
Post a Comment