Friday, August 9, 2013

Ducky and Rice Krispie Treats

 The story of Ducky started when I was pregnant with Cameron. Grandma and Grandpa Mason sent the duck as part of a Christmas gift before I even had Cameron. For whatever reason, Ducky has been the best friend of Cameron since he was born. Ducky stays in bed while Cameron is awake, as we didn't want to run the risk of him getting lost. Then one day we went to get Cameron and found all of Ducky's inners were out. Cameron looked very confused and pointed to the floor. He would collect the fluff and we would stuff it back in telling ourselves we would find the time to stitch him back up soon. This went on for almost 2 months. The only time I would think about it again is when I took Cameron back to bed. Never fear for Ducky is now put together, stitched together and all is well. Until 3 days ago when I came into the bedroom and found more fluff. :( I have a feeling Ducky will receive many a stitches in his life.
Game night is always entertaining. For various reasons we find ourselves constantly laughing and staying up way to late. Treats are had most the time and tonight was Rice Krispies. While the ladies were away the men folk decided to cut themselves the real portion size they desired. They had it all hid until we started the game back up. Then they grabbed their 'snack' and proceeded to laugh at us women. Toni and myself felt robbed, but never fear, they did make us our own portion to enjoy--thanks guys.

No comments: