Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Turning 9 is hard work!!

Mason is nine! I have a nine year old child. That is so strange to me!!! He always loves having his birthday and this year was no exception. His actual gift was on back order and so I had to run to the store the day of the party(because that is when I found out the other thing wasn't coming) and grab some things so that he would have something to unwrap. I was busy with getting some food prepared and still hadn't wrapped gifts. Then I thought, what are the other kids for, geez Hollie! So Carter and Taylor wrapped his gifts and had a great time doing it. They made me laugh when they told me they chose the Princess paper because Mason really likes princesses. It made me laugh that they put that much effort in even choosing the paper. Such sweet children I have.
Really loved the Shake N Go Woody car. If his smile didn't give it away. :)


He also has been on a kick of playing with the shape sorter. He was figuring out the one we have quite well so I thought I would throw another in there to keep him busy. He has enjoyed that everyday since!

Nothing better than the "Happy Birthday" ringing through the air. Mason has always loved this part of the day. We had great friends over who have loved Mason from when he first walked into the ward two years ago. Some friends that got here last year and who we adore. The missionaries came to help us eat some cake after their long day in London. It was a great time and if I do say so myself it was great cake.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great team you have created! They really do watch out for each other and love each other. It's obvious in person and in the photos! Happy Birthday Mason!

Denise G. said...

I can't believe he is 9 years old already? He has grown into an amazing kid. I'm so happy I got so spend some time with him when you were here. Happy Birthday Mason!

Denise Christiansen said...

What a great day and great teamwork. The cake looks so yummy ! Oh ya. Did Mason get my package?