Friday, July 23, 2010

Count downs are a *$#@!

Here I am, it is 1:37 am. All I can think about it my husband walking through my front door. yes, it is one of those posts! :) Stop now if you can't bear to read on..I will not be offended.

So now that we are down to about two weeks away from that actually happening I am so excited and so nervous. You know after 6 months you forget what it is like having them around. Doesn't seem possible, but it is. I forget what his hand feels like in mine, what it feels like to cuddle with him on the couch and watch a movie together. I have to cuddle with the sticky, humid, muggy air right now.
I have my irritations with technology. While it is fabulous to see Mike everyday(almost) to speak to him everyday(almost) and to hear how he is doing everyday(almost). :) It annoys me so badly because it makes me miss him all the more. It frustrates me that I can't touch him, that he can't wrap is arms around me and pull me close when I am feeling down. We praise technology, put this last month I have cursed its existence. It is the devil to me and hell to pay not to have what is in this flat screen that glows each night, but can't make anything actually come from it.
By experience I know that this last couple of weeks is going to feel like an extra six months, it is going to feel like a hell has entered my soul and won't move the clock forward. Then I will look back and realize that I actually blinked and it was over. Funny how our perspective changes the moment we are looking at something from a different angle.

I look forward to that angle change...goodnight

4 comments:

The Velas said...

You are not alone in your thoughts and feelings on this. I love you hollie!! So excited for you and mike and the kids. Touch is priceless if you now what I mean.

Unknown said...

Hollie, That is a touching commentary. You have put into words what others have felt and not articulated. There is nothing like having the one you love more than anyone else sitting right there holding your hand -- and technology cannot replace that no matter how good it gets. I'm so glad he will be home soon!
XOXO
Auntie L

Kalli and Derek said...

You sure miss a lot when you don't get on a computer for 3 weeks. I can't believe it is time for Mike to be home, I am so excited for you, and myself, :) Although I don't get to see him :( I know he is safe and happy. Please give him a HUGE hug for me. I'm sorry you were having such a hard time, I know thats got to be hard, so it is just fine for you to feel sorry for yourself and be a little selfish when you are going through what you are, no problem with that. I hope things are better now knowing that he will be with you... tommorow, or the next day? Love you guys. Mwah!

Denise Christiansen said...

So sorry I missed this! I didnt realize how hard it was for you. Again... I'm glad it's over!