Monday, July 19, 2010

Trebuchet

I just realized as I went through the camera that I had more pictures to blog about than originally thought, so this might happen tonight, but more than likely over a couple days.
Carter needed to build a trebuchet for school because they have had an entire unit in school based on Castles. Carter has enjoyed this very much and was thrilled to build his own trebuchet. I had no idea where to start and so we enlisted the help of the missionaries. We opened the shed of Mike's tools and said have at it! Trebuchets are actually based more on slinging something through weights and balances, and so techincally what we ended up with was a catapult. That's okay, Carter loved it regardless. He also told me after that it was fun to just hang out with some grown up boys. :) That kid misses his dad something fierce I tell ya.
I loved that Elder K tucked his tie for safety, good lesson for Carter. Always practice safe working habits!


This lovely trebuchet ended up throwing something about 8-10 feet. Much further than I would have given it credit for. This was one of those projects where you could see whether the child helped or not...I hope the parents had fun! :)
Thanks Elders...you guys are awesome!

No comments: