I just appreciate the thought that went behind this and everytime I eat one I think of my mom and dad who are willing to do anything for me. They had record timing with getting this box out to me and so I know that they dropped everything to do it. I don't think the salt water taffy helped in the long run, I think it was the knowledge that I have a great support system behind me 100% of the way. Even when I am being childish and selfish they still love me and help me through it! Thanks mom and dad...you guys are my most favorite mom and dad ever!!!! :)
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Salt Water Taffy
Yummy Yummy in my tummy! My sweet parents made my day with a special box in the mail. It all started when I was having a bummer couple of weeks. It boils down to just feeling sorry for myself and not being able to get out of the rut I was in. I was down in the dumps and felt like there was no salvation in my sorrows. My mom was feeling bad that she couldn't be here to watch the kids, give me a break, and just be here for me. After a few different conversations about this topic over a few days she was saying how much she wanted to do something for me. I responded, "Fine, if you really want to help I want salt water taffy." Well, much to my surprise not only did I get some salt water taffy, I got 6.5 lbs of salt water taffy! That has to make a girl feel good.
I just appreciate the thought that went behind this and everytime I eat one I think of my mom and dad who are willing to do anything for me. They had record timing with getting this box out to me and so I know that they dropped everything to do it. I don't think the salt water taffy helped in the long run, I think it was the knowledge that I have a great support system behind me 100% of the way. Even when I am being childish and selfish they still love me and help me through it! Thanks mom and dad...you guys are my most favorite mom and dad ever!!!! :)
I just appreciate the thought that went behind this and everytime I eat one I think of my mom and dad who are willing to do anything for me. They had record timing with getting this box out to me and so I know that they dropped everything to do it. I don't think the salt water taffy helped in the long run, I think it was the knowledge that I have a great support system behind me 100% of the way. Even when I am being childish and selfish they still love me and help me through it! Thanks mom and dad...you guys are my most favorite mom and dad ever!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Who says salt water taffy can't cure the blues (if even for just a moment)? You do have awesome parents who love you very much & so do I! I hope you are feeling better. ((HUGS))
Again... One word...SWEET!!!
Post a Comment