Broccoli-Cheese Calzones
new recipe and the family loved it. Mike didn't love it the first night, but then with the leftovers and Alfredo he changed his mind and liked it after all. :) Thought we would share. We know how difficult it is to try new things and not know how they will turn out. We love to find new recipes that have been tried and tested. This was 6 thumbs up.
1 15 oz container of Ricotta Cheese
9 0z of frozen broccoli florets cut and thawed ( just used a bag which was 13 oz)
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped, or 1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 loaf(1 lb) frozen wheat or white bread dough (or one batch pizza crust recipe below)
1 can pizza sauce (or Alfredo which we had on the left overs and they were even better!)
Preheat oven to 375
mix all except crust and sauce
roll out crust ( I got 8 but it calls for 6) into 6 inch circles. Add mix on the one side and then fold over other side. Seal it with a fork by pressing the edges.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until dough looks light brown and done.
Top with heated Pizza or Alfredo sauce and enjoy!!
Pizza Crust
3 cups flour
1 1/4 cup water (warm)
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1Tb oil
dissolve yeast in water
add salt and oil
add flour until stiff dough
I let rise while I make the rest of the stuff (about 15 minutes).
3 comments:
yum! I think I'll try this...but I'm scared because yeast hates me. Every time I use it it's a disaster. Maybe I'll buy some dough...
YUMMY! I haven't commented on here for a while. I haven't had a life for a while come to think of it, so I have made some comments on old posts where you probably have already come to some conclusions on!!! :) Oh well! Love you guys and miss you all!
Yum! It sounds delish - I will defintily have to give it a try.
Post a Comment