Friday, September 18, 2009

Tying Shoes

I love these pictures of Carter because they really show our Carter and who he is. Aunt Kellie sent shoes and he wasn't very excited because we forgot to tell Kellie that he couldn't tie shoes yet. We decided that it was high time to get this process going. He started and was excited to learn but easily got frustrated that he couldn't do it to perfection the first time. Something we struggle with with Carter.
Tears began and he wanted to give up. We talked about persevering and keeping to it. He kept going through the tears.


It is funny when he is amazed that he actually did something. We keep saying, "You can do it!" However, most the time he doesn't believe us.




So thrilled and has been doing a great job. What a great guy for persevering. He loves that word and often uses it to tell us what he did at school. Mom and Dad, "I persevered through reading, maths, and my friends persevered when I was teaching them to walk on their hands."
Now he is excited about the shoes. Thanks Kellie!!!




7 comments:

The Viewer said...

I love those pics and that story. What a great lil man!

The Dahls said...

I love this kid. I want to hug him! Persevered....lol

Katie said...

Good job Carter! I love those pictures. :)

Kalli and Derek said...

How sweet, I wanted to cry when I saw the two pictures of him crying, poor thing. That's awesome he learned so quickly! Way to go Carter!

Katey said...

Cute picture story! I loved it.... And I needed this. My little Ty is this way already, and it's so easy to give in and help him when the tears start. But he really needs to do it, now matter how down he gets! Thanks for sharing!

It's Me...shell said...

Oh Fun! Way to stick to it Carter! And gotta love those chucks!

Denise Christiansen said...

thats great Carter! way to perservere. thats a great word. how cute that he uses it at school. a great lesson of life!!!