Carter has been so excited about his first wobbly tooth. He has been diligent at playing with it to make it more and more wobbly. We told him today that it was probably ready to come out and he was not going to let us pull it. So we told him we would wrap a string around it, if it came out with the string that he pulled it was ready. If it wasn't ready then the string would just slip off.


"Okay," he says with reluctance to believe us. Then he was in tears because he didn't want it to come out. So we told him just to take the string off. It had started to bleed a tiny bit and Mike made the mistake of letting Carter know this....so he was even more distressed.

He pulled the string off and then I announced that the tooth was gone when he handed me the string. It was instant smiles with those beautiful tears. :)


He was cheering and very pleased with himself.

There was a rush to get that tooth under his pillow. :) It doesn't really look like he lost a tooth because his two permanent teeth have already come through. The Dentist is going to have the privilege of pulling the other as it is not even close to coming out.

I do have to mention that this is what Carter changed into after church. He wanted to get out of his church clothes and came in with this on. He LOVES wearing shirts, ties, and vests. He gets into them all the time and wants to wear them. I think it is so funny and I am very cuirous as to what this little man is going to grow up to become.
4 comments:
Oh, that's a good laugh after a long day. He's so funny - I love his lil' vests.
I remember being so scared to pull the string, but it's so fun to have it out and get the money! I love the way he's dressed Tron would totally wear that exact outfit. ha ha
Wow-Zoie has her first loose tooth and the other day she just started to cry because she didn't want it to come out. She won't let me touch it just look. She has tried herself to pull it but I think it still needs just a little bit longer. She is very funny about it. I should have her talk to Carter. Good job Carter- he is so cute I love his crying into smiles!!
lol. this was so much fun. reliving the experience.! well done Hollie!
i can sure relate to those deep fears of pulling teeth! when i was young i was so frightened about the whole loosing teeth scene that i would have night mares of me grinding my teeth and they would all rip out, all of them! it was horrifying!
way to go Carter! you look so cute without your wobbly tooth. is that an English term? hehe
Post a Comment