Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Operation Camera Search

We have officially ended Operation Camera Search(yes we are military, we have to name an operation name to everything) and are looking for advice on a new camera. We are going for the gusto here people. Practical for our needs, but something that will certainly capture our special family moments. Practical budget in mind, nothing that is going to make my jaw drop open plese. So let the suggestions come. If no one comments on this post I will be so sad because I really need help finding something we will love!
The faster I find one that faster all of you get a not so boring blog with no pictures in it.
For instance, Taylor just walked in here with her hands COVERED in Peanut Butter. She was just going to town licking them and wanted to show me how proud she was of herself for getting the lid off. Isn't that great? Don't you wish you had a picture of that!!! :)

10 comments:

Kohler said...

I wevt through a camera a year because I kept hating the ones I'd buy until I got my Kodak M853. It's very practical and affordable, but don't expect to get any great "portraits" from it. It has a decent capture speed so the smile isn't gone by the time the camera clicks and I've been really pleased with the video as well. Good luck!

Denise said...

If you are going for a point & shoot I would recommend any of the Canon Elph series. They take excellent pictures and have video capabilites as well. Depending on which model you get they range anywhere from $200-$300. If you are looking for an SLR I would recommend the Canon Digital Rebel XSI. Can't go wrong either of those. Let us know what you end up with!

Katey said...

OK, had to give a suggestion for this because I am totally envious of my sister-in-laws camera. I have a way awesome one but it's huge and bulky. She has the Canon Powershot IS series (like IS 1000 or 1100). It takes pictures that are as good as my SLR and the camera is only $200-$300 (I found one at Sam's for $189 but I don't know if you have a Sam's :-()! I paid $800 for mine and it's pics are the same as hers, if not a little worse. So I would say go with the Canon PowerShot series. And then I can be totally envious of you too.

The Velas said...

Just go to the PX and buy one that you like, Good laud! You may want to look for one that is peanut butter proof, Pentax makes one that is Water Proof, I took mine to Iraq, if it can survive through Iraq, I am sure is sould be Mason, Carter, and Taylor proof, I dont think Brennan can inflict too much dammage on it. Any way dont make me call Mike and have him go Dustin one himself.

Anonymous said...

Canon digital rebel, NO DOUBT! That's going to be my next present to myself, I've done alot of research on it and know a few people with one and that would be my recommendation. If that's too pricy, then Canon powershot would be second choice, which is what I have now.
Please let Taylor reinact the peanut butter incident for pictures :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

i currently have a canon powershot sd 400. i dont know what all the mean its just here in front of me. it was pretty cheap i recall. not too bad, no problems with it, its a 5 megapixel, but by now i think they have more advanced and sophisticated ones out there. good luck!

Denise Christiansen said...

what's up with all the Canon suggestions?! lol Nikon has them all beat! Chelsi found me a great deal on amazon. i think it was 150- she sold cameras for 2 years and is a great photographer so with her experience and reading up on them online Nikon beats canon. sorry folks! mine is small, cute, great and has great color/zoom/pix etc. :) it fits in my pocket or bag. i love it!

DyeFam said...

I know nothing about camera's but we do miss looking at your cute family!! So don't wait to long! I loved that it turned into an operation-that is awesome!

Unknown said...

I tagged you on my blog. Its a fun one!!!! Lol!