I am so sad. We have lost our camera. We took it with us to take some pictures of some houses we were looking at so we were prepared if our lease is broken due to mold. Well, we have lost the camera. I have only had the camera for 10 months!! I am so sad. There were some pictures that I am sad to have lost and the one old camera we do have. It is Carter's now, but it would have worked while we sorted out our problem. The one memory card that fits that camera is in the lost camera. Did that all make sense? I am very cheap and so I will be diligently looking and calling around everywhere before commiting to finding a new camera. Until then my blog will be sad with no pictures.
Mostly sad because of the one of Brennan sitting up. He was balanced enough to sit up before folding over. :) It wasn't his actual 'sit-up', but it was cute! Darn it. Also, the trees that we pass through on the way to base are so gorgeous, I need pictures!!
Well, I will report about the mold tomorrow, Mold Man(that is the color of the mold) is coming today to assess the problem and find out what exactly needs to be done. We just want out of the lease, but there is so much RED tape to sift through that we can't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
On a happy note. We have built up a food storage quite quickly since using and giving alot of it away before moving. We love the brisk mornings of Autumn. The boys are loving school. My new calling in the church is keeping me very busy, but in a good fabulous way! We were able to listen to the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church over the weekend. Our kids are awesome, they try their best at everything they do. Carter has been able to read all of his spelling words, and gives a great effort at spelling them. He is reading the books they have been sending home from school.
Mason was 'talking' about his behavior card that got sent home yesterday. He was thrilled to share something really important to him with his family.
Taylor is starting to potty train herself. :) She will go if you tell her, or if she feels like it. The moment I push the issue she just melts down. So, I think she is being independent about that choice in her life.
Brennan is SO BIG!! He smiles at everyone that says hi, he sleeps 12 hours most nights, he has a wonderful laugh, and is so fun to play with.
Mike got an office job in the squadron so we join the ranks of people with normal schedules. Mon-Fri, weekends, holidays, down days, etc.. we are so lucky to have that!!
We also live in England, that is such a wonderful opputunity that not everyone is given. We have places and history to explore within just a few miles of our house.
Thanks for letting me count my blessings and realize that a little mold and a lost camera are just the tip of an iceberg that is actually filled with 99% more good than bad! :)
4 comments:
Wow, Hollie, you are so fast on the blogs! I was up late editing and updating my blog...finally, and before I cold correct the "left" corner of the scrapbook to the "right" corner and find a new template I crashed for the day. I got up early to run down and complete it before anyone saw it but guess who beat me to my blog?! lol thanks for the commentthough:) I am sooooo sorry to hear about your camera! esp your precious pictures! Patrice Archibald had her camera stolen and it had very precious pics of her husbands funeral and last few months of their life together. that has broken my heart! so I pray that you will find yours!!! It sounds like your life is otherwise going great! congrats on the food storage! that gives me a little piece of mind about my "kids". we just had a meeting last night and I'm so overwhelmed and anxious about the whole last days/depression coming issues! I panicked and tried to come up with a plan last night but not sure how to follow through with things...so comlicated! oh well, I guess the only answer is do the best I can and have faith!
much love, MOM
Hi Hollie!! I'm so sad for you and your precious camera!! We actually thought ours had been stolen out of our luggage on after we got home from our honeymoon. I was crushed! But we had just tucked it away somewhere as we were rushing to pack up. Thank Heavens! Anyway, we aren't sure about staying in the Military or not. I would like to but Adam is just so unhappy in his job. He is actually in the process right now of being screened for the US Coast Guard. I think he would be a lot happier there. He loves water and he qualified for the Law Enforcement stuff and that is really where his passion is. He is having a really hard time being an LDS man on the flight. And almost especially here in Utah. They hate Utah. Everyone bashes the Church and he has been so strong in standing up for it that he has just made a bad name for himself. He sort of gets exiled from places because he asks them to turn off an R rated movie or something. I should really be writing this in an email it's so long. Will you give me your address again? Maybe your husband has some pointers about that. . .Adam has expressed some interest in the security forces field as well. . .
HOLLIE! You won! Email me your address at katwatk@yahoo.com and hopefully it will get there before halloween!
I am soooo sorry about your camera. That is so frustrating! I can't imagine how I would react. Probably cry. And way to go on your food storage. We got ours done this summer and it's amazing the peace you feel with it. I am so glad we have guidance from the prophet! Bring it on! We can do whatever comes, right?!?! Talk to you later :-)
Post a Comment