We went to Mountfitchet Castle this week and had a really good time. I just love that within an hour there is alot to do. We started by going through the Toy Museum next to the castle. As well as walking through the dinosaur models. This place had a bit of everything to see. The Toy Museum was pretty cool. It is amazing that one man has collected it all. He has the largest privately owned collection. What a hobby! He still buys old stuff that people bring in. You can buy some things as well. Obviously the prices were a little steep for us to invest in. :)
Then it was on to the castle, or what is left of it. I, of course, forgot to take a picture of the little rubble left of the castle. Sorry about that. They had set up a bunch of different huts to explain about life back in 1066. It was very interesting and the kids thought it great. Well, Carter mostly thought the swords, watch towers and the bow & arrows were the greatest. Then Mason and Taylor just wanted to chase the chickens, turkeys, pigeons, and doves. They were hilarious and try as I might they did not want to stand for a picture to save their lives. I guess it was a time the camera was put away and I just enjoyed the kids. Considering the torture room was the most fascinating, although also the most disturbing I opted out of pictures in there. It is amazing what those people thought of as justice. I wonder who thought up all those punishments?
Also, sorry for the mass posting at once lately. I will try to spread them out more.
1 comment:
We loved the photos~! You guys have had a great summer--
Post a Comment