Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mason's field trip.

All the first graders in Mason's school went on a field trip yesterday and it was so fun that I was able to go. When it comes to helping out in Mason's classroom I have to avoid being there. He completely loses his 'mode' if myself or dad are there in the classroom. He doesn't mind if we come on field trips, so I love these chances. Mason loves 'his kids' in school and is a friend with everyone it seemed. The classes went to the Uof Minnesota in Crookston, MN. They were able to see the horse arena and stables, and other farm life on the campus. I figured that everyone knows what animals look like so I didn't include those pictures.

Being taught how they give the horses a bath. I love seeing Mason just being part of the crowd--it is the best thing ever. He has come a very long way in the last couple years and you can really tell he is getting more mature.
He decided that he was done walking with Ms. Santiago(his para--and a absolute wonder with Mason) and myself. He went and grabbed the hand of one of his many girl friends and continued the walk to the dairy farm. I am told he has about 5 girls he gravitates to at school. NICE!! :)



Mason would see, and then go. Not much for the story as to why something is how it is. You will notice my child is the only one without a coat--he gave it too me before we left. I got in my van to follow the bus and then some other moms asked if I wanted to drive with them. Leaving the coat behind I accepted the offer--great mom am I!! Good thing Mason didn't care and it actually was like 50 something degrees. Just a little windy. I felt pretty bad about myself until we found out that one of the teachers forgot her classes lunches--my coat problem didn't seem so bad after that. :)


4 comments:

Lisa said...

ha! i've had those moments where i swear people are looking at me like i'm a terrible mom and melissa is only wearing a long sleeved shirt in the winter. makes you feel terrible huh. looks like he had a great time and thats what matters :)

kaylynnr said...

The kids looked like they had a good time. Glad you could be there for it too.I miss doing the field trips.The schools up here don't get to go on many.

Denise said...

Okay, he is too cute holding that little girls hand! I'm glad you were able to go!

Unknown said...

I totally know how you feel using all your vacation time visiting home or family. Thats usually what happens with us. Its been better since we moved back to Utah. Mike's dad lives in Wisconsin and his Mom lives in Georgia, but it was good to go on an actual vacation. I miss you! How is everything going? and when is you baby due again?