Sunday, April 20, 2008

Starting to sink in...










Being in the military we have had many oppurtunities to say good-bye and see ya later. Today was the first time I actually cried about leaving ND. It was quite a moment since I had just told Mike a few days ago that I was becoming use to having to say good-bye. We love our families, but tears have ceased to appear when we are leaving them the last few years. I guess you just get use too it.




The kids went with our respite worker and friend, Orlayne, today for there last full day with her so that I could finish up garage sale stuff. She came and got them this morning at 7:30 and took them until about 5:30. We get respite hours through the state because of Mason. I know, most parents would kill for free babysitting. We are very fortunate to receive that hours we do and have met some great people because of it. Orlayne has been with us for just about 3 years. WOW!! Time flies I tell ya. Anyway, my children LOVE Orlayne. I wish she could see the glow in their eyes when we say we are going on a date and Orlayne is coming. Carter also has an added bonus because she has a son Mason's age who comes and 'helps' watch the kids now and then. Carter LOVES Alec as well. Carter gets to play guns, swords, and all those boys things that he doesn't have an opportunity to that often. He always comes home tired, dirty, and happy after playing with Alec for a day.




It is an added treat when they get to go to Orlaynes house. We can't even tell Mason he is going until the morning of or he is all bent out of shape. He is ready to go as soon as she walks through the door. Her husband, Mike, is also wonderful with our children and it has been such a priviledge to know this great family here in ND. I had Orlayne take the camera with her today so she could take some pictures with the kids. I saw these and just was overwhelmed with what a blessing Orlayne and her family have been in our lives. She gets payed to watch my kids, but it has become so much more than that. They are really going to miss her. I will miss her insight and influence in my childrens life. Who am I kidding, I am also going to miss having such wonderful hands to trust my children too when I want to go on a date. :)








3 comments:

kaylynnr said...

I know how you feel about leaving behind good friends. I felt the same way when we moved from Grand Forks to AK. The boys missed Miss Beth so much, as did I. we were lucky to find a good sitter here, and the kids adore her.I cried when leaving there too, it really became home to me with us being there for 6 years and having the boys grow up there. Can't believe that I actually miss North Dakota at times.

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

Hey, I'm still waiting for that pregnancy counter thing (yes, i know you think it looks like an alien, and I don't care?!) It'll help me keep track of your prego-ness.

THANKS!
-C Dub
(PS I ran into Taigon Child the other day..random huh?!)

Lisa said...

i remember when i cried too thinking about moving. i was completely shocked. we were driving into town to eat at texas roadhouse and the floodworks just started. it was really hard, it was our first base where we actually felt like we had real friends. but i guess thats what it is all about. for us this is the best move ever, it is our dream assignment!