Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas is coming

We have had such a productive year getting ready for Christmas! I can't believe our tree is up, our house is decorated, and all with weeks to spare. I will admit that I wasn't in the best mood when we actually decorated the tree and didn't get pictures of the actual process, but the kids still had a great time playing our traditional "looking high, looking low" game with the ornaments. That way the whole tree got decorated! Mason even participated more than usual and had the honor of putting the star on the top this year. We are thrilled to celebrate this time of year and remember the importance of Christ's birth and his living for us. The kids have been singing Christmas songs about 3 kings, Bethlehem, and the manger for days practicing for the school performance, and I am thrilled they get to talk and perform songs that actually reflect the true meaning of Christmas in school. When we played Chutes and Ladders the other day after school we had to find new little people to move around the board, because our little guys hadn't survived through the years. Carter brought in his three wise men from his mini nativity set, and then the game turned into us making it to Bethlehem, and which wise men could find baby Jesus first. It was very fun and cute!

2 comments:

Denise said...

What a great pic! You guys look so great! I love how you guys turned Chutes & Ladders into a game celebrating the Christmas season. Awesome!

Kalli and Derek said...

Oh I love that, he is such a cute kid, Missed you guys tons this year. Love you