There are moments in your life that will forever change who you are going to be in this world. June 26, 1999 was that day for me. That was the day that Mike took me to 'hang-out' with him and our life together started. We were both fearful of what we knew right away. We fell head over heels and although we were in two different playing fields of life, somehow it just fit. I was just starting my senior year in high school, he was working full time and enjoying life after being back from his mission for our church. He was happy, I was happy, and then we fell for each other and we were joyous. We have had our trials like everyone does in life and each one has made us stronger. He has been my rock at moments that I thought I would crack.
He is loved by many, he makes friends easily and is a strong leader for those around him. He is am example to many of what it means to truly care about those around you no matter who they are or what they are like. He serves others in day to day life and he serves his country by willingly leaving his family when his call comes. He sacrifices much because he believes in what he is doing.
He works hard for our family. I loved Carter's birthday card to Mike and wanted to write it out here, it says, "dere dad, I hope you hav a grat time at Kwati it must be a fun and fruschratid. but I mis you and I whsh you can stay here but you cant becus it is yor job." It sums up how we feel about deployments, and it is so great to see our children have an example of duty and responsibility.
All of these pictures are from Mike's re-enlistment this last month. April 26th, 2010 Mike signed on for more years and we couldn't be more excited for the adventures that await us in that time. We are so blessed to be where we are, we love our life, and the opportunities given to us. Mike and I have had four beautiful children, almost 10 years of the marriage roller coaster ride, sadness, joy, frustration, and above all we have had each other. Who knew that all of this could come from one moment, one glance, on top of a brick wall in Salt Lake City, Utah? We both did.
Happy Birthday to my best friend!!!
2 comments:
What a great post! Happy Birthday Mike! Thanks for making one of my dearest friends the happiest lady I know! :)
Great Post Holly! I loved the pictures. I didn;t realize that you guys met when you were in high school still. :) Happy birthday Mike!
Post a Comment