Is this kind of gesture a thing of the past? I will admit to you my feelings on the matter. I teach Carter that it is respectable to be a gentleman. He opens doors, lets the girls go first etc. I try to teach him that although the girls do not NEED him to do these things it is a way to show respect. I myself open doors for all people coming and going if I am right there and find it a way to show people I care. I don't feel this is just a man duty. Although today when this was happening I had men going out of the way to get to the door to open it for me. Each time I thought to myself, that is really kind and accept it as a gesture of kindness. So what are your opinions??Tuesday, November 17, 2009
To open or not to open, that is the question?
I would like a blogger opinion on the following. Do you still find value in men opening doors for the ladies? I had three men open a door for me while I was out and about today. I didn't have the kids, it was just me. I tend to get more doors opened when I do have the children. I have noticed that on the bases I get more doors opened verses being out in civilian world.
Is this kind of gesture a thing of the past? I will admit to you my feelings on the matter. I teach Carter that it is respectable to be a gentleman. He opens doors, lets the girls go first etc. I try to teach him that although the girls do not NEED him to do these things it is a way to show respect. I myself open doors for all people coming and going if I am right there and find it a way to show people I care. I don't feel this is just a man duty. Although today when this was happening I had men going out of the way to get to the door to open it for me. Each time I thought to myself, that is really kind and accept it as a gesture of kindness. So what are your opinions??
Is this kind of gesture a thing of the past? I will admit to you my feelings on the matter. I teach Carter that it is respectable to be a gentleman. He opens doors, lets the girls go first etc. I try to teach him that although the girls do not NEED him to do these things it is a way to show respect. I myself open doors for all people coming and going if I am right there and find it a way to show people I care. I don't feel this is just a man duty. Although today when this was happening I had men going out of the way to get to the door to open it for me. Each time I thought to myself, that is really kind and accept it as a gesture of kindness. So what are your opinions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Opening doors= great, good, fabulous!! I love it when any male opens the door for me/lets me pass through first.
I love the gesture, it's so respectful. I'm going to teach boys to do it for sure!
I love it & think it is sad that is isn't as common anymore. Matt isn't very good at it so I hope to teach my boys to always be respectful and let women pass through first and to open the door when possible.
I agree with you. It's not a NEED necessarily, but it's such a nice gesture. I'll be teaching my boys to do it. :) I love your pictures of doors too.
I think you have the right attitude with your statement: "I myself open doors for all people..." because if you are in a position to show respect or kindness for someone, male or female, it makes them feel good. I don't think it is any longer a male/female thing.
yes it's all a good thing as everyone has commented. i would add that if you want doors open we need to assist in letting them know by patiently waiting for them to get a clue:)our lifestyles are so rushed that we/I jump outof the car or hurry in from the cold etc. before he has a chance!
I like it. I think it's nice. My mom on the other hand has never really liked it when men open the door for her.
Post a Comment