Happy Birthday to Hollie. Just a few pictures of the fabulous day that was my Birthday. It was Sunday and was a special day to remember. I say that with a bit of sarcasim. I think the children were trying so hard to be happy and well behaved that they lost it more times than normal. Mike spoiled me by making a chocolate on chocolate cake even though it would be too rich for his enjoyment. The Elders, kids, and I ate with pleasure!

We found out the missionaries had no where for dinner that night so we invited them over to partake as well. We had dinner and cake and sent them on their way. We will miss Elder Jentzch as he is off to serve in London.

The kids were so fun about my presents. Mason and Carter had gone shopping with dad. Mason was eagerly handing me presents to open. Anyone who knows Mason knew it was a great sacrifce for him to hand them over and not tear into the packages himself. He LOVES unwrapping and gave up that for his mom--what love! Carter got me a card and in it was 5 dollars. When I asked what that was for he told me it was to buy him Fruit Loops!! I about lost it laughing. I told him a couple weeks ago I wouldn't buy Fruit Loops that often because I would rather him have something more healthy. This has only spurred a deep desire for the forbidden bowl of sugary goodness in his mind!

Carter picked me out a watch and was so thrilled to have me wearing it. He kept asking how many minutes he had until bed. He probably thought I needed a new watch so that when I said 5 minutes until something would happen I had to abide by my words.
Elder Martorana (from Italy) and Elder Jentzch(from Germany) playing with some toys of the childrens. The kids absolutely love having them over for dinner. So much so that when they come to the door Taylor screams, "missionaries home!" I need to record the way she says missionaries. It is so adorable!!


3 comments:
Happy Birtday! Looks like you had a great day.Your cake looks so tasty!
Kay
Happy Birthday Hollie! You always look so happy! Its Great!
so glad you had a nice birthday. how neat to share it with the missionaries. I think its fabulous that the kids have so much love and excitement for them. I know they feel the spirit that they bring with them.
Post a Comment