What an insane week here in ND. We were having a wonderful evening on Sunday. Mike had been down to a priesthood meeting in Fargo, they kids were great and in bed on time. Mason included in that on time bedtime--miracle!! We had been observing a storm rolling in and I thought to myself it looked very much like tornado weather. We have had a few tornado watches, but nothing concrete. Well, I was into my new book and heard the voice over the loud speaker saying something. Next thing I know we have sirens going off. Which means seek shelter. I go get Mike, who had fallen asleep cuddling with Carter. Now mind you Mason had received a total of 8 hours of sleep in 3 days. He had seizures that day because of sleep deprivation, so the last thing we wanted to do is wake him up. We decided to wait it out and trust our guts about getting into shelter.
We turned on the radio to see if we could find out more. We found out that it was a tornado warning, a town called Northwood(about 28 miles from us) had been hit already. Our hearts sank when we heard that. We have been remodeling our friends house that is in that town. Mike had ripped out a kitchen and put a new one in, windows, walls, etc.. We were very worried about the house. We found out that the house actually received minimal damage compared to the rest of the town. Just roof, siding, most of the windows(Mike's new ones survived), gutters, trees. All in all, it is going to take a lot of work to now fix the house to sell again. I am including a couple links to some pictures that were taken. This is a very small town here in ND. They really haven't received the national coverage that others towns have when hit with a tornado. We just want to help in getting the word out. This is a sweet and loving little town that will hopefully recover well from this disaster. I guess I never realized that damage that occured when seeing pictures like these. It helps when you have seen the town before and then these come and hit you! Wow, nature is certainly incredible.
http://filestreams.com/northwood/tornado.html http://filestreams.com/northwood/tornado2.html
1 comment:
wow! these pics say it all! this is so sad. how do people go on in this situation. its so overwhelming and depressing. what a mess! where bouts is your fixer uper located in any of these pics?
best of luck with the cleanup/repair!!!
Post a Comment