 |
| Cameron was fascinated with all the animals! |
 |
| Mason is at the top and Capris(15) at the lower level |


Our day at the zoo, might have been the most fun I have had in long while. It all started with the group ASSERT, and meeting some other families that also have children with Angelman Syndrome. This would be a first for our children to meet someone else that has AS, but also meet their siblings and talk with them about life with an 'Angel'. Carter did meet a little girl in ND, but he was too young to remember. I think my kiddos were a little shocked at first that people could be so much like Mason! :) There were two older girls, about 15 yrs old, and then another girl who was 11 yrs old. It was a great experience for the kiddos, and also for me. That is the first for me in going and spending a whole day with people who deal with the same things we do, day after day. One of my favourite moments was when Mason started gagging as everyone else was headed into the 'Farm Barn' and then about 5 seconds later, Alice, who also has AS, starts gagging as well. I just laughed because they looked exactly alike and both us moms handled it the same way, told them to stop being silly, countdown, walk away etc.. It made me smile inside. I had spoke with Mason a little bit and told him we were meeting people like him, who had AS. I'm not sure how much he understood, but I would catch him throughout the day watching them, and smiling. He was also more outgoing on the playground than he ever is. He watched one of the older girls climb up the ladders, and go down the slide and he followed right after her. I even looked over in time to see her pushing Mason up the ladder like she was telling him to hurry up. Mason has never gone all the way up and gone down the slide so quickly. He normally waits until an adult comes and ends up having to push him. I think he was showing off! It was just a great day and one I am so grateful for!




1 comment:
What a great time for your family, especially Mason! I seriously love that kid and his great smile & hugs!
Post a Comment