ARCHERY ANYONE?! Carter loves the Bow and was so excited to have a go at one besides the one he has made at home. He did a really great job and stuck it in the target every time. Hollie tried, and lets just say, needs some practice. I didn't even see that Mike was doing it in enough time to watch, just got one picture before he was done. Brennan also was giddy with excitement at trying out his skills, and at the last moment Taylor decided she didn't want to do it.
Such a fabulous day out with the family. Mason and Dad had to leave a bit early for a doctors appointment for Mason, so we took one family shot just above the Great Hall.
We realized that this was Cameron's first time at a Castle! What?! How is he a year old and this is a first. We've been other places, but no castles. We are getting pretty slow in our exploring lately.
The kids were thrilled about the Birds of Prey on site and were mostly excited about the owl.
Armor is a kids best friend. I'm pretty sure we were in front of the armor booth for about 30 minutes trying on different bits. They were so heavy! However, the information we received was that soldiers now wear more weight with their gear than the armor in medieval times. I have held Mike's gear and the armor, I can believe in that statement.
The kids enjoyed the walk back to the car by exploring a little bit more of the grounds. Although we would have loved some sun and a bit of heat, it was a fun little adventure.
3 comments:
I can't believe how big your kids are getting! You have some amazing places to explore. Cute family!
Seriously, I need to come and visit! You have such fun things to go do and explore. (ps - how much longer are you in England?)
What a fun time! Cute pictures of the archery
Post a Comment