
We were all ready for getting kids in bed when we had a surprise visitor knock on our door. Elder Atkinson dropped in to visit while on a work over in our area. He was here about 18 months ago and was just shy of his time to go home. It was nice to see him and hear about the rest of his mission. We have so many of our missionaries who are home now, it seems unreal we have been here this long.

I heard the lawn mower and looked out to see Grandpa teaching Carter how to mow the lawn, which at this point was mostly just sticks of weeds here and there. The rain was few and far between and our grass was dying slowly. Carter was so excited about doing this, he always loves when he gets to do things that would be considered a grown up job.

We also had an afternoon where we satisfied Mom's(Grandma) desire to get pictures of the English country side and cottages for her artistic sketching side. I think she had a lot of fun snapping pictures, and it helped that her camera is digital now, therefore she could snap as many as she wanted. Dad and I were enjoying the old gravestones and contemplating the history of those who had been buried there. In the above picture you can see a pink house behind us, it is the house I would have loved to get our hands on to live in, however it was cheap for a reason. The people that would live there were paying cheap rent while they were fixing the problems of the run down nature of the house. Run down it was!!! Ceilings caved in, roof looked like it was sliding off, etc.. So I guess my more logical side knew it wasn't meant to be.
2 comments:
Well that only took me like an hour to get through all that I have missed. I guess thats what I get for not being in blog world for a long time now. You guys have way too much fun! I love all the pictures, your kids are all so grown up. I didn't even realize some of that stuff was happening. We really missed you this last week, thanks for letting Mike come though it was awesome! I really miss all of you guys it makes me sad seeing everything that we are missing out on. Hope we can come see you guys soon though.
This looks like so much fun! Love your blog! And I love how you're starting to sound more and more British....using phrases like "keen on " and "a proper theater". You're so fancy.
Post a Comment