Monday, June 27, 2011

Carter's Baptism

Carter had chosen to be baptized and wanted to wait until Grandpa could be here as well. So on May 15, 2011 Carter was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Carter has honestly been so excited for this day, he has been reading and preparing for his baptism and working really hard on being the best Carter he can be.
Carter wanted to invite some of his friends from school, and it turned out he invited all his friends from school to be there. I didn't get a picture of some of his friends that were there with him, but it was so lovely to see the few that came and the support they gave to Carter.


I failed to get a picture of Carter and Mike dressed in their whites before the actual baptism, but I think this one just shows off their personalities and excitement for the day. I think Mike may have been just as excited as Carter. ;)

We were so pleased that Grandma and Grandpa could come out and help us celebrate this time with Carter. Carter was looking forward to them being here for months before hand!

Had to get a picture with some of Carter's favorite people in the world. The Schmidt's have truly become our family here and I can't even express how much Carter loves these guys--especially Jacob. Carter thought for about two seconds when I asked him who he wanted to speak at his baptism. I had told him there is usually two talks, one on baptism and one on the Holy Ghost. He said he wanted Grandpa and Jacob to do the talking. I was thankful for what a wonderful job each of these two amazing men did at sharing with Carter the importance of the steps he was taking in his life.
Carter was also very thrilled to get his new set of scriptures. He really loves working hard at being his best, and has been such a fun and loving child to see grow into an amazing little man. He is really going to to do great things in this world. When I asked him how he felt after he got baptized he replied, " I felt like i was the happiest person in the universe."
We love you Carter!!!

No comments: