Saturday, March 29, 2008

Aaahh, the military

Update on our move. Yes, we are still moving. We FINALLY got our orders yesterday and finally have some dates. You can't schedule anything without those special little papers saying that you are really going. So last minute everything here we come. On the week of the 21st they are packing up our house and it will make a head start to England. Hopefully it gets there quickly. We are so excited for this new chapter in our life. It hardly seems real. I am sure that it won't be until we step foot off the plane in the UK and realize..oh they really took us here!
It is weird to think that one more month and we will be leaving ND. Now because of the bad rep of ND I would like to say..we did not hate it here at all. Of course, like any human might think weather is not ideal here. Not if you enjoy being outdoors. You can get out, just not as much as I enjoy to be. So on that note I would change the weather if I could. The school, therapy services, friends, and ward have been great. We had a great time here and are going to be sad to go. Although part of being in the military is looking forward with optimism that the next place will be just as great if not better! Just wanted to update everyone on this move that is fast approaching.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

I am SO excited for you. England!! I was just watching some PBS show about London, and I am so jealous. It looks so beautiful and there seems to be so much to do. You will have to let us know all about it. Good luck with the move, I hope everything gets there in one piece. (Including your kids, don't kill them on the plane). You are such and inspiration for being happy with what you are given.

kaylynnr said...

Hollie,
I have to agree with you about changing the weather there in ND. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I miss Grand Forks, the shopping and restaraunts. However, not the weather. We have the best summers here in Fairbanks, winters aren't as bad as GF though.We got lucky with the weather, and not os lucky with the shopping. You make the best of it and go on.I wouldn't trade our experiences here for anything. Good luck on the move, happy it's not us for another 3 years!

Anonymous said...

It's getting so close!!! Good thing we're moving too, I would hate to be left behind with all the families moving around here! Can we come visit you with your new English accents?

James & Heidi said...

Hollie, I also am very happy for you to return to England. Although I miss hanging out and talking with you. Call me when you get to Utah okay? I want to see you and that little one growing in your tummy! By the way, James LOVES the mini and drives it all over the place! I had no idea it would make him so happy to drive a little car. How did Mike drive it with his long legs? I wish I was there to help you pack. Take care of yourself, Heidi

Our crazy Crew said...

I am so excited for you being able to go back to England. I know how much you enjoyed it the first time. Totally jealous. I want to just visit there. Maybe one day.

Kalli and Derek said...

You are so good to keep up on writing on this. I love reading all about your fun adventures. I wish I could have more time and more creativity to do it more often. I can't wait to see you guys, I am so excited. I am going to miss you so much when you go, I am really hoping that we can sell our house and have enough to make a trip out to see you guys. I have always wanted to visit there. Well I will see you soon love you guys tons!